This post was published 4 years, 6 months ago. Due to the rapidly evolving world of technology, some material it contains may no longer be applicable.
So it has been a while in the coming but now it’s time: the Moto 360 is here!
Yep that’s right! One of the most anticipated devices of the year just launched at IFA and is available for order today!
Moto’s sexy, steel, circular Android Wear watch will set you back £199/$250 for the leather strapped version and £229/$300 for the one with metal band. We do not have pricing for other countries at this time but expect something around the equivalent in your local currency.
All versions of the Moto 360 can be pre-ordered in the UK from Mobile Fun and will soon be coming to Amazon, O2, John Lewis and Tesco for delivery in October. In the US you should be able to order one from Motorola directly, BestBuy and from the Google Play Store starting from 9AM PT/11PM CT/12PM ET. Unlike in the UK, these should actually start shipping today (for the leather version at least, if you want to get the steel band you’ll need to wait with us Brits!).
If you were lucky enough to attend I/O and get one free, if you haven’t already received it, you should get yours soon. However, Motorola says that delivery is in the hands of Google for those units and not them.
The device comes packaged with a wireless Qi charging dock and one band but Motorola have confirmed that additional bands can be purchased for $30 for the leather and $79 for the steel.
We already had a good idea of what to expect from the Moto 360 but everything was confirmed today. It’s pretty much exactly what most were hoping for and I think it looks stunning! Anyway, here is a full run down of the finalised specifications.
- Compatibility: Smartphones running Android 4.3 or higher (check compatibility at g.co/WearCheck)
- Operating system: Android Wear
- Display: 1.56” 320 x 290, 205ppi; Backlit LCD; Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
- Dimensions: 46mm diameter by 11.5mm high
- Weight: Leather band model: 49 grams
- Battery: 320mAh; Wireless charging with charging dock included
- Processor: TI OMAP 3
- Memory: 4GB internal storage
- RAM: 512MB RAM
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- Sensors: Pedometer, Optical heart rate monitor (PPG)
- Water resistance: Yes, IP67 2
- Other: Single physical button; Vibration motor; Dual microphones
Motorola showed off the new device in this video encouraging you to “Choose Moto 360”:
So, will you be picking up the Moto 360 or does another watch already take your fancy? Perhaps you’re not quite sold on the whole idea of smartwatches yet. Either way let us know what you think in the comments.